Dell EMC Launches Next Generation of the World’s Best-Selling Server Portfolio
Dell EMC is announcing worldwide availability for its next generation of the world's bestselling server to help customers of all sizes fuel their IT transformation initiatives. Recently previewed at Dell EMC World 2017, the award-winning design of the new 14 th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio forms a scalable, automated and secure compute platform for traditional and cloud-native applications, designed for new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors .
The scalable business architecture of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers helps customers efficiently meet their changing business needs with enhanced performance capabilities for traditional, virtualized and cloud-native workloads in a software-defined data center. The new Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio, highly optimized for non-volatile memory express ( NVMe), helps customers accelerate deployment of software-defined data storage and hyper-converged infrastructure stacks with:
- Accelerated database performance and lower latency with up to 12 times more database IOPS 1 and up to 98 percent less database latency in a VMware vSAN cluster
- Faster and seamless live migration of virtual machines now up to 58 percent faster with up to 75 percent less CPU usage when using 25GbE with Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)
- Faster storage performance in compute to maximize application performance with up to six times more NVMe drives, up to five times total flash storage, 30 percent more input/output slots and 25 percent density improvement
In collaboration with Intel, Dell EMC is bringing Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors to Dell EMC PowerEdge14 th generation servers. With 27 percent more CPU cores and 50 percent more memory bandwidth 6, Dell EMC PowerEdge 14 th generation server customers can accelerate performance of business critical applications and workloads. Dell EMC's most advanced line-up of PowerEdge servers includes rack and blade form factors.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 – Ideal combination for dense scale-out data center computing and storage in a 1U/2-socket platform
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 – Workhorse for demanding environments providing the ideal balance between storage, I/O and application acceleration and with superior configuration flexibility in a 2U/2S platform. R740 enables up to 50 percent more VDI users per server and up to 50 percent more GPU accelerator support for Hadoop analytics
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R740XD – This 2U/2S platform is best-in-class storage performance and density for applications like software-defined storage and with the versatility demanded by cloud service providers, Hadoop/Big Data users and co-location hosting
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R940 – This 3U/ 4S platform handles extremely demanding, mission critical workloads like enterprise resource planning (ERP), e-commerce and very large databases. The PowerEdge R940 can save up to US $600,000 in Oracle Licensing costs and performs up to 44% faster in a SAP SD Sybase Environment
PowerEdge servers are also the bedrock of Dell EMC solutions. Dell EMC's industry-leading solutions and platforms also will benefit from the power and security of this new generation of PowerEdge servers. The servers will be embedded in storage and data center appliances, hyper-converged appliances and racks, hybrid cloud platforms, ready nodes, bundles and other Dell EMC solutions.
The new servers will be the foundation of Dell EMC solutions that used the previous generation of PowerEdge such as VxRail Appliances, VxRack Systems, XC Series, vSAN ReadyNodes, ScaleIO Ready Nodes, IsilonSD Edge and ECS (Elastic Cloud Storage). Additionally, it will be available in many new Dell EMC solutions and platforms, including Data Domain Appliance, CloudArray, Ready Bundles, Ready Systems, Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, Dell EMC Native Hybrid Cloud and Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack.